About Dorothy Hukill
As a leader in the Florida Legislature, Dorothy worked to balance the state’s budget without raising taxes. Despite a $1.8 billion budget shortfall this year, Dorothy voted to increase K-12 education spending by over $1 billion while cutting wasteful spending. Additionally, Dorothy has voted for the largest property tax cut in state history and opposed hundreds of millions of dollars in fee increases for Florida families.
Dorothy lives in Port Orange and is the proud mother of Jonathan Hukill.
- B.A., Hunter College, City University of New York
- M.A., Columbia University Teacher’s College
- J.D., St. John’s University School of Law
- Florida Bar Association
- Volusia County Bar Association
- Volusia/Flagler Association for Women Lawyers
Awards and Recognition
- County Veterans Service Officers Association of Florida, Legislator of the Year Award 2009-2010
- Florida Chamber of Commerce Distinguished Advocate Award 2009, 2010
- Florida Chamber of Commerce Honor Roll 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
- Volusia County Association for Responsible Development (VCARD), 2009 Citizen of the Year